Wednesday 30 May 2007

Every Second and Fourth Tuesday Is For Knitting?

Wednesday May 30, 2007

Summer must be ‘round the corner. It is getting harder and harder to get the girls all together in one spot for S’nB even just one evening each week everyone is so busy, busy, busy! And so I’m going to do the un-thinkable, and suggest scaling back Tuesdays Are For Knitting to every second and fourth Tuesday of the month.

Lord help us, what is going on around here, I ask you? That every Tuesday isn’t for knitting just seems wrong! I can’t envision a Tuesday without knitting! I’ll have to find new TV shows to watch, and we’ve just entered the re-run season, aghhhh!! Who will I show my weekly progress to? Who will I tell about the latest yarny internet news to? There’ll be no one to take me to task for my ever-expanding WIP’s all over the house! But the reality is that girls are stressing over the fact they can’t get here in time (freakin’ hockey playoff traffic), or they haven’t got here for weeks (work, work and did we mention work), or life is driving them crazy and they’re not here (babies do need their mums now and again), and now the weather is getting better and isn’t nice to just come home and stay home and have a lovely drink on the patio/deck or what have you (with your honey who you’ve barely seen for the last two weeks), without the stress of having to get over here!

Ok – I get it, I really, really do! So I am going to suggest a partial hiatus, for the summer months anyway, in which we will have a wee bit more time to devote to family and home (after all, isn’t that what we wait for every summer?), and have fewer but more-special-‘cause-we-haven’t-seen-each-other-in-weeks Tuesday’s to get together and compare notes. And should they find themselves on a Tuesday at loose ends, wondering what to do, they can call me. They know where I’ll be. Knitting on the patio of course!

After all, Tuesdays Are Always For Knitting, at our house!
Knit on……….
Kate

No comments: