Thursday 24 May 2007

four in a series of belated blogs...

Monday April 23, 2007

What a stellar weekend! The weather was perfect, all our dinners were outside with friends and family, the girls and I shopped ‘til we dropped, lounged over iced coffees at the outdoor cafe, the boys went golfing, the patio got set up, and of course, my favourite, outdoor knitting! Heaven – lets hope we get a whole lot more of this for the summer.

Despite good intentions, there was not enough knitting this weekend to suit me. But the Galactica shawl (so named because the easy Estelle pattern was the only thing I could knit on while watching Battlestar Galactica) is done! I decided to finish it up, as a new season of Galactica was too far off to have this sitting around all summer when just two days of intermittent knitting would have it complete. It is lovely and soft and light, and it even used up some rescued mohair blend that I had lying around in my stahs, but at only 60” it is a little short. If I come across some more mohair blend to rescue I may add some borders to the ends to give a bit more length. In the mean time it has freed up my needles for something new!

God love me, but I couldn’t get my head to work right this weekend, so anything simple was the only answer, but everything simple was off the needles, and what was on the needles had reached the stage where I needed quiet time to work through the next section without mistakes and the inevitable ripping back.

So I cast on a new project, which seems fairly straightforward, a Knit ‘n Style Magazines tunic vest, a lovely simple sleeveless tunic vest. Just what I needed (not – well not a another project on the go that’s for sure!) for my state of mind. Of course I didn’t have the required yarn, but I seemed to have made a successful substitution pulled from my stash, Bernat Denim Style in off-white, a wonderful birthday present last year from one of the Tuesday S’nB girls! I am excited to finally have something I think is just right for this lovely yarn that has been languishing in my stash for too long.

So there we are, one great weekend, one finished shawl, one started tunic! Beauty!

Knit on.Kate

No comments: