Thursday 24 May 2007

three in a series of belated blogs...

Wednesday April 18, 2007

Wednesday – you know what they say about Wednesday’s! But this is a family friendly site so keep it to yourself lest you have to explain that one to the little ones!

No Tuesday SnB this week – the usual suspects were out and about on priority errands, but since Tuesdays are for knitting, I hunkered down and all but finished my shrug – I love, love, love the colorway of the Briggs & Little Heather Brown 100% Merino 2 ply that I am using. In the light it has touches of all kinds of colors mixed into the brown, soft purples, teal, reds, but all slightly tinted by a wonderful soft grassy brown – a great representation I would think (not having seen for myself) of the heathered moors of Scotland and England. It is very snugly and despite the improving weather, I am wanting just one more chilly day to give it a test run!

Ottawa Knitting Guild meeting on Monday evening was great fun – the amazing Lucy Neatby was there to educate and inspire, and the tips and tricks (like how to rescue those UFO’s gone really bad) are too numerous to re-count here. If you ever get the chance to hear her speak, or take a class, definitely do! I am regretting not having taken time off to take one of her workshops, but I’m going to start saving for her DVD’s. She certainly thinks on another plane far above the average knitter, and it is very inspiring to say the least!

As my shrug is all but finished and too big to stuff in my work tote bag, I have brought with me and already cast-on my Patons SWS Vest to work on. The vest can be found in the Patons SWS The Look booklet. This is my first time to use SWS (Soy Wool Stripes) and on my regular old circ’s it is very slippery! I think I will pop in and grab some bamboo circ’s on my way home and see if it will stick to the bamboo needles any better (wanna a bet the G-man isn’t going to believe this really is a good reason to get new needles!). When yarn is too slippery I end up clutching at it and my hands tire too quickly to make the knitting enjoyable. Still the SWS is lovely to feel sliding through your hands, and I think this will be a quick and enjoyable knit. It is all done in pieces so I can truck it around until the very end.
All for now – must learn how to get pictures onto this thing with my new camera……..

No comments: