Wednesday 27 June 2007

And now, in today’s local knitting news………

Now I been e-talking to a couple of local gals about various knitting happenings and they are very busy trying really hard to reach local fellow fibre freaks for some really good stuff that you all need to know about.

So I’m helping them out and spreading the word, complete with links. Go check them out and get busy!

First off - over here is a local meet up for knitters going, so check out the blurb at http://knitting.meetup.com/1240/t/wm1_mem3 , everyone is welcome, and when the weather co-operates more fully (a major thunderstorm complete with hail is expected today) we’ll be getting together for some fine fibre fun!

And second, hooking up with local meet-up’s leads me to AB. You’re going to want to know that
AB and her pal AB have teamed up with some of our fantastic LYS’s like Yarn Forward on Bank St. http://yarnforward.com/ca/index.html and other community knitters for an Afghans for Afghans www.afghansforafghans.org challenge. You can read about AB&AB’s inspiration for doing this and all the details and requirements here: http://findingfortygatheringknitting.blogspot.com/ and I hope you’ll decide to join in the fun for a really great cause! And just to give you a poke to get started too, get this - I’ve already half finished my first 9” x 9” square for the blanket I’m going to do and I only learned about this great event yesterday! Half a square down and only 34 ½ to go! To meet AB&AB’s fall shipping deadline, I’ll need to crank out 4 squares a week, so I need to get busy or find a friend to help me out! If you are interested in contributing a square or two to my blanket, leave me a message in the comments and we’ll work out the details!

And while I’m at it, as an Ottawa Knitting Guild member http://www.ottawaknittingguild.ca, I would be remiss if I didn’t post this; do you all know that there is a second annual Knit-Out happening here in Ottawa – yup, it’s for real! How many of you missed the first one like me because you didn’t know about this wonderful day in the park. Well here, now you know:
Second Annual Knit-Out
Sunday, August 5th, Noon to 4:30 p.m.
Stitch Doctor, Learn Cables, Crochet Too!
Memory Park, Canada Agriculture Farm, Ottawa, ON, Canada

Hope you will all consider hooking up with the Ottawa knitting meet-up or AB&AB or joining us in August for the knit-out (bring your Afghans for Afghans projects). You know you wanna!

Here ends you local knitting news for the day.

Knit on……….
Kate

No comments: