Wednesday 26 March 2008

Just checking in…

Our weekend in the Quebec Eastern Townships was lovely – even the weather was very nice, lots of sun, and little signs of spring everywhere we went. We saw white geese, black turkey’s, and lots and lots of deer kicking up their heels in the corn fields. The streams were running under the snow, and the maple trees were tapped for sap, and sugar shacks were in full production. I love maple syrup and Quebec does produce some of the best in the country!

I got a chance to go to Sutton, PQ and did get to go back to Boutique Le Cotillon (sadly, no website) and returned home victorious with 4 balls of sock yarn. After all, what’s a trip without a few souvenirs? Three balls of sock yarn from the gorgeous Holiday Collection from OnLine in my favourite colors of orange and chartreuse and also blue jean friendly colorway, and one ball of Regia in a muted burnt orange, brown and soft purple. They were all duly fondled and ogled over at TAFK last night, and various members made pitches as to why they should be the recipients of the completed socks!! Can’t say as I blame them – the colors are simply luscious – they look like candy wouldn’t you agree:

And I’m finihsing up the toes of the On Line socks – no way could I have finished them over the weekend as planned – travel knitting time was completely wasted in the car due to the enormous (way bigger than usual!) potholes that the Quebec roads are famous for! My kidneys near gave up the ghost for all the bumping and bucking the car did! I could barely stop my chattering teeth let alone manipulate 2mm needles into fingering weight yarn. So sad, 8 hours of prime knitting time wasted! Anyway, DD2 is thrilled with the almost finished OnLine socks colorway 82, and they bring spring to mind every time I look at them

So there you have it. Now I’m back on track with the divine Citrine socks. No distractions please!

Knit on….

No comments: