Wednesday 19 March 2008

All over the place………

My plans to work on one item at a time to finish some WIP’s are failing badly, but I am so ok with that!! DD2 and I were so enamoured with the ball of ONLine Supersocke colorway 82 (sadly discontinued according to the ONLine website) that I picked up at Knit Knackers 2 weekends ago, that I have cast on for a travelling sock, my usual plain Jane ribbed and slip stitch heel flap version, and I’m cruising along at top speed, because it is hard to put it down the colorway is so pretty. I’m in love with the uniform striping and hope I can match it on the second sock. You better believe DD2 has staked her claim to this pair:







Little progress on the Citrine socks. See previous paragraph by way of explanation! But I wore these babies finished last week to work – very cushy inside my work boots, so the double stranded heel is a nice pay off for the slower knitting and weird coloring:








I’m off to the Eastern Townships of Quebec this weekend, to visit my Aunt. The Townships are so nice to visit and I’m looking forward to some great food, and the long but very pretty drive (if the weather co-operates) – good for knitting either way! With some quick work, the ONLine socks might be done by the time I get home. And I have brought the Citrine socks to work on too.

And I am hoping to get to Sutton, PQ to visit Boutique Le Cotillon the store where I originally bought my Sockenwolle Kits to learn to knit socks. At the time I was very intimidated by socks (still am a little) and so I did not into venture into the stores downstairs area where I was told resides oodles of luscious wool. I think I’ll go down the stairs this time if I get the chance!!. It is hard though, as I will have both my elderly Aunt and the G- man in tow – not a particularly good scenario for yarn shopping since you know how long that can take!

Wish you all a lovely long Easter Weekend!

Knit on!…

No comments: