Sunday 2 March 2008

I suck at dieting…

I knew I was doomed to fail from the moment I typed the words “stash diet”. It’s like saying I won’t eat cookies. Ya right.

Last Friday I agreed to go with my friend, the other Kate (sadly blogless), to Knit Knackers this coming weekend and any other girly place we feel like going, which of course means I’ll break the stash diet guaranteed. But at least I’ll have something good to show you I hope.

For now, I have this question – if I bought cheap, I mean incredibly cheap, machine washable worsted by the pound from Giant Tiger enough for a sweater because a) I want to test out a top-down raglan style without spending any money, and b) because DD2 really liked the color and asked me to knit her a sweater and since she doesn’t have much regard for laundry care I didn’t want to spend any money on the yarn and this fit the bill, does this count as busting my stash diet?

Really? It does? It’s really, really, really cheap acrylic for crying out loud! So cheap I won't waste camera memory taking a picture of it!

It counts doesn’t it………..

I am so screwed……….


Knit on………

1 comment:

Susan said...

Personally, I don't think it counts. I don't know what Yarn God you pray to, but I think you did enough charity knitting in the last while to buy yourself some acrylic forgiveness.