Thursday 12 July 2007

Small progressions…

The Moda Dea Sassy Stripes socks are coming along slowly, only being knit when travelling back and forth to work. I still enjoy working with the bulkier weigh of this sock yarn very much and colorways are very pleasing to the eye. These will make great cozy Christmas presents!

The Easy Knitted Lace Ruffle Scarf (my own design) the 2nd, is on the last row and then cast off row (no quick process at 1600 stitches per row!). I have written the pattern, and this 2nd scarf was my pattern test check before I submit it to the Pattern-a-Day Calendar folks. I think it’s good. I still have to photograph the scarves to go with the submission. Both the photo and the submission need to be done this weekend no matter what!

The Ruffles and Ridges shawl is still languishing – I want very much to get back on this horse, but I keep committing to other projects, and so there it sadly lies at the feet of my knitting chair. Whining. Thankfully it is too hot to want to wear it, so there is still time to ignore it a bit longer.

Afghans for Afghans blanket – Square 10 c’est finis! Square 11 halfway - I can get 2 squares finished every 3 days. At this rate, if the wool stash gets enhanced in time, I’ll be finished with the squares in 36 days! (Does this seem like a long time to be knitting only squares to you?).

And there you have – my small progressions.

Knit on…Kate

No comments: