Friday 13 July 2007

Lucky Friday the 13th - It’s all in your point of view!



First and fore most , please cross your fingers (and toes) today – the Grand Ma of our clan is getting retro-fitted today for the first of 2 new 21st century hips – an action plan designed to get her dancing in the aisles by Christmas! And since Friday the 13th is her lucky day (she and the Grand Pa got married on Friday the 13th) we have great expectations! Still a little finger crossing never hurts!

So I have this tickerbar on my sidebar, which I am using to count DOWN my completed Afghans for Afghans squares. I thought this was the most logical way to inspire myself – after all from my viewpoint, I only want to know how little left I have to do, and I like seeing the decreasing quantity sliding ever closer to zero!

So I was surprised, and slightly mortified when finding a wonderfully encouraging comment and offer of yarn from AB&AB from
http://findingfortygatheringknitting.blogspot.com/ and venturing over to their blog to see the latest updates, to see my name was mentioned up front and center with an audacious total of 24 squares completed!

Oh dear – I knew I was going to have trouble with that tickerbar! There were only so many choices of set-up and nothing to count knitted squares, so I used a scrapbook layout ticker that counts down to zero (as in the number of items left to do). You see the confusion? AB&AB was counting up!

So I need to stand up and proclaim my real status – that I am not some kind of in-human speed knitter, I’m actually knida slow and plodding - and therefore I have only finished 12 squares as of last night – that leaves 23 to go after I update the drat-ed tickerbar today!

AB&AB – thanks so much for the incredible vote of confidence – have no fear, I’ll have those 24 done soon, I hope in the next two weeks and then the race to the end will commence! There will be a blanket in time for your September shipment!

On a bright note – I dropped by Yarn Forward, Bank, St. Ottawa on my way home yesterday
http://www.yarnforward.com/store.html as AB&AB had suggested, and they were kind enough to give me a bag of Letti Lopi leftovers they had set aside for the Afghans for Afghans project, so I spent the evening happily knitting up from all the new colors.


The one thing I am enjoying thoroughly about this blanket challenge, aside from the fact that I can catch up on all my missed TV episodes, is that I am getting to knit with wools I have never used before. I am so in love with the Letti Lopi colorways that I’m definitely going to use that wool for the French Market bags from Knitty.com that I am planning for my fall knitting. It is easy on the hands and knits up evenly and the colorways no matter how you mix then are stunning! I have already come up with the colorway for my first bag and am working on a second combo.

Just what I need, more knitting projects….

Knit on…
Kate
Ps. The Inspirations Needlecraft Show in Ottawa is October 19 & 20, 2008 at a new location this year. For info go here:
http://www.inspirationsneedlecraft.com/

2 comments:

AB&AB said...

Ok, Kate - I get it now - I should have read the line underneath the countdown! Do let me know if you need more yarn - I think you have Anita's email. I think I may have most of a ball of that Lopi and other things hanging around. Happy knitting!

Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I, too, have some charity knitting projects on the go. Good luck with the afghans!