Monday 23 July 2007

Short, but sweet!

A short status report, with more lively writings I hope to follow later this week:

- Afghans for Afghans blanket countdown : 16 squares completed (no I didn’t run out of steam, just time) 19 squares left. Piece of cake!!

- Photos for Pattern a Day Calendar completed and pattern proofed, ready for downloading to submission site asap.

- A gorgeous sun-filled weekend was spent with many family members celebrating the G-man’s fathers 75th birthday!

- It is a prolific year for ducks on the St. Lawrence, many clutches of 8,9 and 10 ducklings trailing behind Mama Duck’s were delightfully counted.

- The G-man laments the fact he forgot his fishing rod and several enormous catfish and pickerel got away!

- More Moda Dea Sassy Stripes Sock Yarn was acquired during the drive to the party! Sing it with me now – hallelujah!

Here I will distract you from the pitiful length of this entry with this. Look at the gorgeous colorways I purchased:

Crush


Vintage





That’s it for today. Knit on……..

Kate

1 comment:

Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Nice colourways, Kate. I thought I had found a source for the yarn to finish the Pi Shawl - but apparently Jawoll has discontinued that colourway. It is colour 820164 and you know, if all else fails, I have 6 little spools of the reinforcing yarn and I will use it - the shawl is round, so I will carefully fold that part underneath! Don't go out of your way to check it, but if you happen to be in the store, I think it is worth a try!