Friday 4 July 2008

Warm fuzzies….

It was just what I needed. A diversion. A reason. A purpose. A cause!

Charity knitting always does that for me. It takes me away from my own trials and tribulations and causes me to stop and count my blessings, however small they may be these days, and become aware that there are always, always, always those who are less blessed and in need.

On that accord my fingers fairly flew yesterday, during coffee breaks, lunch hour, during the commute, and over tea with a friend on the patio. Oh I do love such immediate gratification!

Needed: one teenage hat, please.

Delivered: one teenage hat, thank you.

No. No really. Thank you!

Thank you for asking for one, or several. Really. I enjoy making them. It was fast, and easy, and made me feel good all over to know that it might in some small way brighten someone’s day, and at the very least keep them a wee bit warmer next winter. I consider a privilege to be asked to help, and will do my best to do my bit.

And I hope you won’t mind if I get a warm fuzzie or two along the way. In this big wide world, it is not often that anything we do has such genuine impact on anyone any more.

Why yes – I certainly have started another one already…. I have plans for matching mitts too, of course!

What? Pictures?Oh yes - sorry, hummm.. Where is the damn camera?....

Knit on…….

1 comment:

Granma Dearie said...

Hi Kate,
I am a new blogger and discovered you just a bit ago. I am a knitter (but not socks) - have been working on a summer sweater - ribbon. Everyone should do at least ONE ribbon sweater so you can justify saying you did one and you won't do another. Like you, knitting keeps my hands busy and my mind busy and I mostly stay out of trouble.
I too am thinking about you, your family - such hard times for everyone. So I hope you find this as another warm fuzzy in your life. St Jude's Hospital is here in my home town and so we try to do a lot of charity work for the children there. I go to Yarn to Go every lunch hour. Some of us teach the mother's of these little ones to knit. By the way, no one knows about the stripes on the socks but you and me!