Thursday 31 July 2008

Hard act to follow…


Everything is going to seem rather mundane around our place for a bit now, after yesterday’s excitement.

Still I have a few more pics, as promised.

DD1 showed off her finished baby hat and booties at last weeks TAFK (Tuesdays Are For Knitting) session, customized of course, in her usual just-the-right-finishing-touch way – see the wee buttons? These are for a little boy who will arrive later this summer, just in time for wool-wearing season! The bootie pattern is from Bernat, and happens to be in the 2009 Knitting Pattern-a-Day calendar, and the hat is the Umbilical Cord hat from the original Snitch and Bitch by Debbie Stoller



I'm still working on the Green OnLine socks, aptly named Clown socks for how the colors seem so garish to me! DD2 has claimed them when the are done.









And a stack ‘o squares, 10 done, for the baby blanket in progress. Knitting loves crochet so the edges are being detailed as you can see. As well I'll use crochet to join them in to a lovely little blanket. several of my TAFK members have also done squares, so I'll have some more joining to do shortly.

I know, I have a short attention span, so yes there are several projects on the go…..


And apologies to this Susan , with whom I am supposed to have a knit-a-long for this item, I have had to start the EZ BSJ ahead of her since I was suddenly presented with a deadline a mere 3 weeks away!! Susan, all I can say is watch your stitch count – I’ve already ripped it out once!!

And brewing in the back of my mind is the fact that here is still time to submit something to the 2010 Knitting Pattern-A-Day calendar, which isn’t due until October 15, 2008, 10:00 pm EST.

Now back to your regularly scheduled knitting. There is nothing more to see here.

Knit on…..

2 comments:

-sanna- said...

You (and your's) have been busy! I love the clown socks, so cheerful.

Susan said...

So much for the great knit-along... :) However, this way I can benefit from your wealth of experience when you have made all the mistakes and can tell me how to avoid them. See? I have a plan.