Thursday 3 July 2008

Clowning around…

So after last week, a little clowning around was required, and I would say this second pair of OnLine lacey socks fits the bill. Or at least the colorway does (my picture taking skills do not do the colors justice - they are truly vibrant and verging on violent!)!!

DD1 and I both found the colors too jarring as they knit up, but DD2 has been quite happy to claim them for as suitable for her personality (we are not sure what that says about her given the aforementioned violent comment....), and so they will be made to fit.

The pattern is a freebie from www.JemsYarn.com called Lace Ribbed socks. I searched for a pattern like this because although I working on improving my lace knitting skills so I can get back to Sanna’s yarn and finishing up the Citrine Socks I have in my WIP pile, I still confess to liking a bit of ribbing to keep socks firmly attached at the ankle. I do hate me a baggy sock!!

I am enjoying the simple lace repeat, it’s about all my poor brain can handle at the moment, although the heel setup was less than stellar, but I muddled through, and the result is satisfactory and I’m clicking my way to the toe. The second one will be just as quick.

Oh yes – the gorgeous orange OnLine Holiday lace socks from last week are done, but I messed up at the toes and the damned Kitchener stitch (I was hurrying to finish!), and so a re-do is an order before I model them for you. But I still love, love, love them!!

And in an effort to right the equalibrium of my world, I have taken on some charity knitting in hope that I can generate some good karma to surround me. Once again I am hooking up to support Anita at www.findingfortygatheringknitting.blogspot.com and help her fulfill her quest to send teenage hats, mitts, sweaters, socks, and baby blankets to the Innu Community in Labrador. I’ve got one hat already half done. Check out Anita’s site if you can help her out too!

Knit on….

1 comment:

Susan said...

Them's purty socks, lady. Got me the recipe already... :)

*hugs*