Thursday 24 July 2008

I’m sure I’ve been busy ...

I’m sure I’ve been busy doing something, but most weeks I can hardly remember what I’ve done the day before! The days of summer are flying by at an outrageous pace, and what sun we’ve seen seems like a rare bird. Still, it must be sun enough – just look at my begonia gone wild:

We’ve have been busy with household maintenance chores that were not done in the spring as usual. The G-man is still busy finishing the basement; the doors arrived yesterday. It will soon be time for picking the paint color, a job for DD1 as she is an interior decorator by trade, with an amazing eye for color!

And DD1 has not been idle either, despite her bi-weekly torturous chemo regime. I don’t know how she does it, and frequently worry that she is over-doing, but that’s the mother thing to do! She is doing very well in her battle with Hodgkin’s, although the days of recovery from the chemo are stretching longer each time, and are becoming a bit harder to bounce back from. Still she is amazing in her strength to keep on keeping on. Truly I am in awe of this girl of mine!

On her good weeks, between medical appointments, she has gutted the main bathroom and installed new lighting, a gorgeous mirror, new shower curtain and painted. New flooring as been ordered too, and will be installed in due course. I may splurge on new faucets too! I am very excited to see the finished room, as this bathroom has been in quite a state with nothing done to it since we moved in 5 plus years ago, and it was very, very tired indeed and in need a facelift.

I have been painting baseboards and patching in various rooms, a tedious job, but all the daily living has taken its toll and there are too many nicks and scratches to ignore any longer. And lastly the exterior house touch-up painting needs to be done too. Does it ever end?

In knitting activity, there was a full house of Tuesdays Are for Knitting crew in attendance this week, some just there to socialize and of course the hard-core knitters like myself and that Susan who can’t imagine knitching without knitting at the same time! A very good time was had by all! There were the cutest cupcakes for Heather’s birthday, but we gobbled them before I got a picture – yes, they were quite yummy!

The stash busting projects are coming along nicely, and my charity blanket has 9 squares of 12 completed. Knitting loves crochet too, and I have edged the plain squares with more stash yarn for a updated granny effect. . pictures to follow when the lighting is better.

And I was going to report 2 hats and 2 pairs of mitts ready for Anita but DD1 has claimed the darker green variegated set, so I’ll have to whip up another set.

News Flash !!!!!: Don’t forget about the Third Annual Ottawa Knit Out 2008: http://www.agriculture.technomuses.ca/english/activities_events/index.cfm Sunday August 3, 2008, 12 - 4:30pm at the CANADA AGRICULTURE MUSEUM, MEMORY PARK, Central Experimental Farm, Ottawa, ON – I’ll be there, will you??

Knit on……

1 comment:

knitjo said...

Oooohhhhh, ohhhhh! I am going to be there and I am happy you'll be there too...I miss you!