Thursday 1 November 2007

All’s quiet on the Northern Front………….

Although it is a busy week, it is very quiet around here this week. Everyone has their head down, scurrying around, singularly focused on where they’re going, and what they’re doing. I think it has something to do with the slight panic that the weather left us with this weekend.

Yup – those were snow flurries you saw out the window! Grrr… Not happy! Far too soon for that nonsense, and thankfully they were very short-lived, but none the less they were not a welcome reminder that Fall is rapidly disappearing and that Old Man Winter is knocking at the door. Everyone I’ve spoken to this week was engaged in some sort of frantic winter preparation activity this past weekend. Like some sort of signal light was turned on, and suddenly we are all aware that we need to get off our butts and get ready! And besides, I read that the Yarn Harlot’s annual family furnace wars have started, so I now know winter is really imminent!

Even these guys were flying high and grouping in enormous numbers in the local hay fields, readying for their long flight south:

With the cold chill blowing down my neck, my knitting has taken on an almost frantic pace, which the MIL scarf about 2/3’s finished and I’m hunting for the next few projects. More hats, scarves and mittens are on the list, and magazines are being scoured for little Christmas projects that can be tucked into a present, like the pair of ballet style slippers, (sorry no pic) found in the 2008 Calendar that came with the British Edition of Simply Knitting.

I do have to get going on the long promised and patiently waited for alpaca hat and scarf promised to DD2 from our trip to the Hidden Pasture Ranch in Osgoode, ON It will be the next thing I start for sure. For sure I’ll be glad of the soft warm alpaca fibres in my hands as I knit it up.

The Tuesdays Are For Knitting crew gathers tonight, and I will be making Finnish tea and eating Oatmeal Flakes from Sanna’s wonderful KTS4 parcel! Should be lots of laughs and little knitting as our evenings are apt to go!!!

Knit on…..

1 comment:

Susan said...

Sorry I missed the fun on Tuesday, but I'm all lined up for more TAFK goodness this coming week.