Monday 5 November 2007

A Short Progress Report ….

MIL Christmas hat and scarf - both done.

DD2 Christmas Alpaca Hat and Scarf or Mitts – hat finished, starting mitts

DD1 & DD2 Christmas Ballet Ribbon Slippers not started.

DD1 scarf to match Taos Beret not started (having trouble getting the yarn in from the USA!)


Not bad for early November don’t you think?


The MIL hat and scarf in Noro Iro is gorgeous, and my knitting is not bad either! They need a bath to soften up, but they will be a super-warm set for winter dog walking down by the cottage on the St. Lawrence. The colors alone would keep you warm!


I was finally able to find a hat pattern in the Knit Simple Holiday Issue, that with some minor adjustment to the stitch count for gauge, seems to suit the lovely Alpaca for DD2’s chullo style hat that she has been patiently waiting for. It is knitting up very nicely, although it is always hard I find, to check for fit until you are well into the project. I have had to pull out the entire hat once already as – Alpaca grows!! Did you know that – I thought I compensated for it, but no, there is at least a 33% growth rate when knitting in garter stitch, so bobbles and all it was ripped out! But worth the effort, as it is perfect now.


I am still debating if I have time (and money!!) for a couple of French Market bags. I would still like to make them, and know they won’t take more than a week of tinking away to get one done. We’ll see how the other projects finish up before we decide.


Well that is all. Told you it would be short………

Knit on…

kate

No comments: