Wednesday 8 August 2007

Lazy hazy summer days………

Lazy hazy summer! When did that happen? Me, I’m too busy to be lazy or hazy!

Check out the Afghans for Afghans ticker - only 5 squares left to go – I should be piecing it together this coming weekend!

The crochet hook is one stand-by and the border yarn is wound and ready go. Can’t wait to see it all complete!

The long weekend was, of course, far too short, and I found myself at the end of it wishing I taken another day off, if only to hang out and knit or sew. But I must say the 2nd Ottawa Knit-Out at the Central Experimental Farm http://www.friendsofthefarm.ca/ on Sunday was just great, and the weather was perfectly perfect for being outdoors. Naturally, being hopelessly directionally challenged I circled the farm endlessly never realizing that the actual park location was inside the animal farm area itself! Even asking the employees and checking the (very inadequate) Farm Map was a lost cause, as like me they assumed the park was located in the gardens. I can say the gardens were incredibly beautiful! Still, all that driving through the round-a-bout was such wasted knitting time! No worries though, as when I finally discovered the venue, I met several knitters who have kindly invited me to join their knitting hang out on Wednesday’s or Thursday’s at the Bridgehead Coffeehouse in the Glebe. How nice is that – I can get to hang with the cool grrls!

And I photo-ed one of these in the wild (pic to be added later) in all its glory- Yes, it’s the MS3 from http://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/2007/06/mystery-stole-3-let-madness-begin.html, being worked on by Nancy from http://www.betseydoodle.ca/ . Actually there were several MS3’s in progress at the Knit-out and I was totally awed by the level of knitting skill surrounding me. It was ever so slightly intimidating, although that was my own inadequacies peeking out, certainly not the knitters themselves. As always, knitters are the most sharing of individuals and willingly showed and shared their talents and expertise with anyone with a question.

So I have made a pact with Melissa (sadly blogless, I think) who is also going to try to get to Bridgehead now and again too, that we will learn how to read charts this year! Yikes! What have I gotten myself into now! I have so many projects, I can’t add any more, even for the sake of learning a new skill, until I get some of them out of the way. Fortunately, Melissa was casting on a new tank so this will give a little time to catch up on my WIP’s before I have to make good on my pact! But, my interest has been peaked, and some serious second looks at charted lace stoles and scarves has been happening since Sunday!

In other news, the Grand Ma of our clan is recovering wonderfully from the first of two new hips, and everyone is happy to see her up and about! And the family farm has been sold – oh the memories of growing up there! Makes my heart ache, but it is time, and a new family with children will love it as much as we have. Talk about lazy hazy days – the summers always stretched forever, and I think often of when we could just take off for the day with a sandwich in our pocket, and lie in the tall wild grass and listen to the crickets singing and the bees humming the day away. No worries, no responsibilities, no cares. Bliss – total bliss!

And with that pleasant thought, I’m off to find some lazy and hazy.

Knit on……..

kate

No comments: