Monday 27 August 2007

Little bits and pieces………

It’s been quiet on the blog front. Lots of bloggers taking their annual vacations and I haven’t had too much to say either, for a change!

The Afghans for Afghans blanket has had a short breather, but this past weekend I got it all crocheted together and am left with only the border. It is lovely. I love the colors all mixed together with no plan or pattern. It is almost a shame to give it away. I will take lots of pictures!! Even the G-man made several very complementary remarks, especially about the colors, which pleased me to no end – it’s not often he shows so such interest in what I’m working on!! Here’s a sneak peak for you:

In the mean time Moda Dea Sassy Stripes Swish socks are all but finished, just the toes to go, and I will feel good getting something else off the needles that’s been languishing in the WIP pile. I’m going to pull out the brim of the pink Taos beret and go down a needle size and hope that fixes the problem, otherwise it will be completely re-knit. That will be it for a bit though, since I will be off to help pack up the family farm in preparation for the big move at the end of Sept.

So, that means I’ll have to select some travelling knitting, which means I get to cast on something new! Yippee - finally! Oh course I’ll bring some more Moda Dea sock yarn http://www.modadea.com/sassystripes.htm , maybe the new Vintage colorway - socks are always perfect for travelling knitting. But I can’t bring only one project – there will be some rummaging in the craft room before I go to find one or two more projects!! I have some lovely alpac, which has been allocated for a chullo hat and scarf for DD2 and I think I better get on it. The farmer’s almanac is forecasting a heavy winter for the Eastern seaboard, so I think our winter attire will be pressed into service early this year. And I have some mitts to finish for myself to match my hat and cowl-neck that I made last year. All easy and small stuff to tote along.

The urge to work on a shawl has struck hard but there isn’t one in my WIP pile and the only thing I will cast on for is something I already have yarn for. I’m not going to buy yarn just to travel with (I know, I can hear you saying, “But why?”). Remember- stash reduction – it is my only path to new yarn. I did however mention the fact that we would be near the lovely Headwater Wool in Acton, ON http://www.headwaterwool.com/WebStore/hw_store_index.aspx next week to the G-man without too much protesting, so I may traipse over there for a little look see. Still I am considering the possibility of going to the Creativ Festival, if I haven’t mentioned it already http://www.csnf.com/f07_index.html , in Toronto in October. I’m sure there will be many bargains to be had, and too many temptations to resist, so I must preserve my cash flow for that event.

Oh, the possibilities – I need a few more lazy summer days to dream about them all!

Knit on…..

kate

1 comment:

Susan said...

OMG I *love* the Creativ Festival... it's just a crying shame that it's so far away! Knitting, quilting, embroidery and such all in the same room... it's overload.
Your afghan is truly stunning. Another well-done you. And I seriously don't mean to flaunt my yarn indiscretions in front of you... honestly! :)