Thursday 16 August 2007

Done, done, and done....

Susan of http://www.thefabricofherreality.blogspot.com/ said she was going to Wool ‘n Things in Orleans, ON. And Precious wants to go too, oh yes we’s do. We’s wants it so bad, we’s hurts, yes we’s do.

But no. She has left me to simmer in my own wildly jealous stew, being completely LYS deprived as the last of the Afghan for Afghan squares crawls, stitch by twisted stitch, off the needles. I am proud of myself for sticking to the project. It was larger than I thought it would be, and I still have to put it together, although I will do crocheted seams for both strength and speed. I don’t mind the making up part – it’s rather peaceful after the frantic pace of churning out these squares one after another. DD1 has offered to assist me in the placing of the squares to maximize the color impact. She has a way with color like nobody’s business, and nothing makes her happier than being surrounded by colourful objects to play with, so I will definitely enjoy having her help me to lay them all out.

Speaking of which, check these babies out:












That'a a whole lotta sqaures baby!!! All 35 of them - done, done, and done!!!

And my mind is skipping ahead to what I will pick up on the needles next – after all the endless garter stitch I wonder if my brain will remember how to do anything else? I think I will grab the Moda Dea socks in progress, waiting only to turn the heels as my first back to reality project. They would be portable too, as we are off to the in-laws for the weekend. And my Oh La La Ruffle Scarf needs only the last cast off row to be done (no easy feat – 1600 stitches!) and that would be quite portable and easy too.

And if I really needed to cast something on, as resistance will only get you so far (as Gollum could well tell you), I could cast on the Taos Beret that I have the yarn ready to match the Ruffle Scarf. Again fast easy and portable. All things designed for a quick finish. Just the ticket to get me ramped back up to pick the 3 tops I have lounging in the WIP pile!

Now I have discovered I really like having a ticker bar on my blog – I find it quite motivating and somehow making me accountable to everyone including myself. The question now is, since I’ve finished counting squares, what will I count next? WIP’s – no, I think that is never ending and someday when I get on Ravelry that will be the place for holding all that info. Perhaps counting completed projects this year, then? I do like to track what I’ve finished. Or I saw a version of number of days without buying yarn (in which I would get to count a lot of this summer since I haven’t bought anything since we went to Mary’s Craft Store in Finch, ON in July. Now that would be a nice boost to my resistance against the endless call of my LYS’s.

Knit on………

kate

2 comments:

Susan said...

That's going to be one stunning afghan by the time it's all pieced... well done! What amazing persistence. Now go knit something pretty for yourself, you've earned it!

Velda said...

Hi Kate...those afghan squares are gorgeous! What a beautiful array of colours :)

Oh did I mention I get to go shopping with Susan this weekend when she comes to visit me ;)

Velda 2hrs west of you :)