Wednesday 29 August 2007

Packing………


I’m packing for my extended week away next week (there will likely be no blogging). We will be gone 9 ½ days (thank goodness it’s not 10 days – it would mean more packing). A mixed venue, a few days at the cottage, and a week at the farm for pre-move packing. Packing is a nuisance.

First there is the weather – even the most reliable weather forecasts are a lesson in oxy-moron’s. Reliable and weather do not belong in the same sentence. At this time of the year, you freeze your hinny off every morning and wish your deodorant worked better in the afternoon! Weather means packing extra clothes for all weather types.

And packing means doing every bit of laundry in advance, then trying not to wear anything for a few days before you leave that you might want to pack. This means at times at times before we leave, what I am wearing will almost certainly be of questionable style. And I always have a tendency to over pack, as Murphy’s Law has never failed when it comes to my packing! Therefore 99% of my closet is unavailable at this time just in case I want to bring it with me. That’s gonna be one heavy overnight bag……..

Packing means lists – lists for your kids, lists for the cat sitter, lists of things to take and lists of things to do before, during and after! I am a huge list-maker. Everyday I make a new list. Every day my panic mode gets higher as the list gets longer and the days left before leaving get shorter.

Packing means suddenly finishing everything this week that you were supposed to do this week and next week! Yikes!!!

And then, when we get there, packing up 50 years on the farm – well, I just can’t even think about it……….

In knitting, and therefore more interesting, news, Anita of www.Findingfortygatheringknitting.blogspot.com has let me know that a new knitting campaign has started up for Fall and this time there are two charity choices to pick from (or why choose – do both!). At any rate, Anita and her pal Amy, who will be at Creativ Festival http://www.csnf.com/f07_knittersmarket.html in Toronto in October have done a first rate job of organizing their shipment of knitted goods to Afghanistan, and have decided to follow it up with another call for the cause! Please check their site for more details.

Did you know you can get free admission to Creativ Festival with your donation of a wool sweater or blanket to Anita and Amy’s cause? I’m just saying, free admission people, and free is very, very good.

I leave you with this, in all its finished glory, ready for delivery:








Knit on… I mean pack on….

kate

2 comments:

Susan said...

I suppose it's fair. I taunt you with juicy yarn photos, and you brag about going to the CSNF... :)
Now, you will be back for your SnB, won't you?? I am really looking forward to it!
Enjoy your time off. See you in September!

AB&AB said...

Kate, it looks great!! You've inspired me to move on from basic stripes! Wow! :-))