Wednesday 2 April 2008

Spring is in the air!

I can see my rock garden – ok, about a half a square foot of it! I’m taking this as a sure sign that Spring is imminent. We are grasping at anything that remotely resembles Spring-like conditions around here. And with today’s –15*C windchill, we need all the Spring-y reminders we can get! So much for March going out like a lamb, as the saying goes. April is sounding like a pack of howling hyenas! Last night the house was fairly rocking and banging with the 50km windy gusts, and I feared my birch tree would finally give up the fight to stay upright, but this morning at 5:00am when I peeked out to survey the damage in the dim morning light, it was still there, standing proudly!

The first of the Knitpicks socks is almost finished – sadly, there has been some bleeding of the yarn, staining my hands badly as I knit. I am hoping it will wash out without fading the socks too badly, as I love the vibrant colorway. I called Knitpicks customer service to discuss the concern, and I have to say they were absolutely fantastic, and sending replacement yarn immediately at no expense to me. A different colorway mind you, as I preferred not to receive the same dye lot. What a delight to speak with the staff there – they even went out to the warehouse to select another colorway for me, describing the lovely colors of the new Peacock Multi colorway that I ultimately selected! I won’t be having any concerns with placing future orders I can tell you, especially with customer service like that!

And in anticipation of Spring renewal, a spring clean housekeeping issue if you will (pun intended!). This evening the G-man and I are re-doing our wills, which are badly out-dated, pre-dating even our purchase of our current house some 5 years ago! I have been badgering him for ages now, even to the extent of threatening this last vacation south to not go if the appointment wasn’t at least made! And even then I threatened to make the appointment myself with another lawyer, as he “kept forgetting” to call the lawyer he wanted to use. What is with these guys – I hear more lamenting from wives about the struggle they have with their significant others about getting a will in place, and I wouldn’t believe it if I hadn’t experienced it first hand. It seems they, the G-man and the like, think that if they make a will, then they are tempting certain fate (I hear this a common theme amongst policemen, firemen, enforcement types, etc.). To them it’s like a Murphy’s Law kind of thing. If you do you die! It’s crazy talk! Certain terrible fate awaits those who are left behind if there is no will in place Boys, so get off your kesters and git‘er done! Your wife will love you for it!

Knit on….

No comments: