Monday 3 December 2007

Rolling right along on the Christmas train….

I’m on a roll here. Another gift done over the weekend, and another finished last night. And yet another that has been stewing away in the back of my brain due to a yarn shortage may now have a solution. It does however require a trip to Wool-Tyme.

Dare I say I’ll have time for extras?? It can’t be! Granted that I kept my Christmas knitting to simple, small and practical items, but I’m always caught scrambling to finish right up until Christmas Eve. There is no way I could possibly be caught on my Christmas knitting. That would actually mean some part of my Christmas Knitting schedule worked! It would defy all precedence, but Knitting Gods above it would be true!

I wonder if I would be tempting the afore mentioned Knitting Gods to have some fun with me (fun like our cat does with his "I-know-it’s-a-toy-but-I’m-gonna-beat-the-crap-put-of-it-anyway' mouse) if I tried to get those I’m-not-promising-them-for-Christmas-no-way leg warmers burned off the needles before the big day arrives! Still I won’t tempt fate until I have all of the above done, and wrapped, and I have nothing in the way of planned gifts left to do. This should ensure the pleasure of the Knitting Gods and show them that I can make a commitment and see it through.

In the mean time I haven’t got any travel knitting, so I’ll get some dishcloths dashed off, as they are always great gifts in a pinch, and I’ve had request for a couple from a colleague for his mum’s stocking. I think I’ll practice my new mitring skills on one for sure. Then I’ll I pick a few more stitch patterns to play with for the others. And the crochet hook will get a workout, as I really like to crochet the edges for a sturdy but decorative finish that doesn’t stretch out of shape when the cloth is immersed in the water.

There. That is all. That is enough to tempt the Knitting Gods to foil my lovely blissful state.

Knit on..

No comments: