Tuesday 11 December 2007

Eating my words….

I just said to someone yesterday, if you don’t have something to write about once a week in your blog, you have bigger issues with your life than not being able to find something to write about! I may have been more on the mark than I realized! And I might need to eat my own words. as I have nothing new or exciting on Planet Knit to tell you. I’m at the same point I was last week in my Christmas knitting, and am filling the time with dishcloths for stocking stuffers and give-aways. My annual holiday party has come and gone with great success, and Christmas is still two weeks away. I’ve absolutely nothing new to tell you.

So in keeping with my “always-have-one-in-your-back-pocket” advise from last week, here is another FO from earlier this year: The Parisian Oh-La-La Ruflle Scarf! (the accompanying beret pattern is by Taos Yarn, available here: )

I was really pleased with how my scarf turned out, and suffered DD2 to put on the cashmere/ alpaca winter set in the heat of the summer for photographing against the dark green cedar hedge. Too cute and super girl-y, if I do say so myself! I didn’t ask her opinion at the time as I could tell she was screaming on the inside “It’s 39*C and I’m melting! Get this stuff off of me!”.

It was submitted to the Pattern-A-Day calendar and reviewed very positively, but did not make the final publication cuts (sniffle, sniffle!) and so I will offer it up to you for your knitting enjoyment shortly!! If you do like the free pattern and you use it later, would you please think about making a donation to Knitters Without Borders. Of course this is purely voluntary, but I assure you, the people at MSF do great work and every penny makes a huge difference in this amazing organization. Follow the Yarn Harlots instructions, and be sure to leave me a note in my blog commentary as well so I know who to give props to!

Knit on…..

kate

No comments: