Thursday 5 June 2008

Just mumblings...

Been wondering what to write about for a few days. It’s not that there isn’t anything going on. Lord knows my life is busy, busy, busy, these days! It’s more that I have haven’t quite (close, but not quite) finished anything yet.

Knitpicks Multi Peacock keep getting pick-up and put down as they are my travelling knitting, and there hasn’t been much waiting time in my travelling lately. But do you notice a trend with the striping of the knit picks yarn - once agian the stripes have gone bonkers on the second sock - I don't like this at all...






Still I could tell you what a fabulous time Susan (seen here with the lovely Alpaca cria's from Victory Farms) and I had with the Ottawa Knitting Guild roadtrip to Janie H. Knits in Perth last Sunday. While the weather wasn’t stellar, it didn’t really rain, and the drive was great given that Susan was an awesome passenger and navigator, keeping me laughing, and from taking the wrong turns!

We were both quite good I think with our purchases, only buying a few luscious things to amuse our selves, some sock yarn for myself and some bamboo and ribbon yarns that I had wanted to try in the form of some of my knitted caps. I did also get two new tools – it’s all about the tools, was the motto for the day. I finally purchased a WPI tool and a set of WIP tubes to hold my double points in my socks inside my purse. Oh these babies are just the ticket – should have got them a long, long ago.

Janie’s was a wonderful store – brimming with inspiration and wonderful selections of both new and old favourites. It really was hard to know what to look at given that I hadn’t a purchasing agenda like some of the other OKG members obviously did! There was a lot of debate about the husband un-awareness purchasing plan going on! I know I’ll be back to visit now that I know what she has.

This week, in between work and catching up on household chores, and DD1’s second chemo session, has been devoted to helping DD1 plan her Hodgkin’s fundraiser in the form of a Martini party at a local club, complete with draw prizes and the ceremonial cutting of her hair before it falls out completely from the chemo. Sadly the hair is well on its way to being gone. But I love this kid of mine – she’s a “if it’s going to happen, then go big or go home” kind of girl! Hence the big party tonight. Yeah, now that’s my girl!

So there you have – my busy week.

Knit on……….

1 comment:

Susan said...

You're a feast or famine blogger like me... :) Damn those weirdly pooling socks. Why is it always the second one?!