Friday 13 June 2008

I am enchanted….

Look.

Isn’t it so pretty?

I’m completely enchanted by it. This is my first attempt at a lace sock – usually I just like plain Jane ribbed socks. The little yarnover’s within the 2 x 4 ribbing are thrilling me to no end, and the fact that I have been able to memorize the pattern sequence is a triumph of major proportion for me! I’m zipping along, resenting every moment I cannot pick it up and work on it.

The colors (which do not show with the camera as richly as they really are) draw me in every time I look at it, and I am compelled to pick it up and admire it. My DD’s are dropping very, very broad hints about foot length, and stopping by to say admiring things about the knitting. But it will be mine I tell you, all mine!

It is very close by. I took it to work. I usually have my sock knitting in my purse near by, but this time I couldn’t let it languish hidden away for the day waiting for a chance to pull it out and have a go. I have it on my desk, out front and center, where I can rest my weary computer eyes on it now and again, and I become instantly refreshed! I’m showing it off to my colleagues too!

I adapted the stitch pattern from Creative Knitting Magazine May 2008, Baby Alligator socks – I just doubled the stitch pattern to fit my size. It’s working out perfectly. The yarn is OnLine, of course. The colorway – Holiday – how appropriate! It is a holiday every time I look at it!

Total enchantment, I tell you. Total.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Those alligators are the bomb, baby. I am totally loving that pattern and yarn! (How could I not? It's ORANGE, after all!)