Wednesday 9 January 2008

Exactly where are we going?………


So some of you commented that my last instalment didn’t exactly say where we are going on vacation – just that we were going. Very true. Because I really have no idea. This is typical in our house during vacation planning season. It changes from day to day, and sometimes from hour to hour even! I never really know until about a week or two before if I’m lucky. This is because as great as the G-man is about handling all the arrangements, and he is really great, making up his mind about where to go and how much he wants to spend (or rather not spend, which is fine by me too) is a never ending and agonizingly long and detailed process. It takes weeks and weeks starting well before Christmas, where I get the daily reports of where and how much, and lists upon lists of all the possible alternatives. Until I just want to scream! Really!

It is not that I don’t appreciate what he goes through to find us a great trip each and every time, because believe me I really, really I do. Better him than me for sure! He always delivers and we always have a fantastic time, returning with our personal relationship renewed and refreshed. It’s just that I just get over-whelmed by the planning of it all. It becomes this ultra complicated dance of details. Go here and get this. Go there and get those. But over there we get this and that, but costs more. Or less. Or over here, only some of this and some of that, but possibly lots of those. And maybe if we add in this we could get that and that and that. Or not. Arghhhhhhhhhhhh………

My needs are simple: sun (although I recognize he has no personal control over this, we at least increase the odds choosing appropriate time and place), lots of sea and sand, and Juan, Josie, or Miguel to bring drinks as needed. Just find me a place that does that and I will be just fine. I have a bathing suit that fits, a dress for dinner, and shorts and shirts that are decent for any daily activities I may care to contemplate under-taking. I need nothing or to know anything else except the departure time and date. Do not ask my opinion about where to go, especially if you are going to present me with 28 options to that one simple suggestion. I won’t care after that - it’s too many choices. I just shut down and no more information goes in anyway. I’m simple that way – find the place, the price, buy the ticket, get on the plane. Done. Simple. Relaxing.

So. Where are we going? When I know, believe me you’ll be the first to know! Or I’ll tell you where we went when I get back. Depends how close the G-man cuts it and if I have time to blog about it before hand…………..see why I needed to plan my knitting in advance?

Knit on……….

No comments: