Wednesday 3 October 2007

Pee-in-your-pants!

Now when the Tuesday’s Are For Knitting crew gets together, we always have a rollicking great time, and last night was no exception. We tried to knit, some of might have got a few rows in, but others were laughing so pee-in-your-pants hard they had to rip out their project because so many errors were made! Clearly last night was not one of our more productive sessions on the knitting front, but what I received in laughs and friendship will last me a lifetime!! I hear that some of us are still giggling today!

My Araurcania Moment’s scarf is coming along, not as far along as it should have been by now (might have to do with last night’s lengthy pause for a giant piece of yummy birthday cake and strawberries that my wonderful girlfriends surprised me with!), but still I am very pleased with how it looks and it is a lovely easy breezy knit as scarves are apt to be. Sometimes when you substitute a color you can’t be sure how it will work until you get well and truly committed to the project. But I really like the color combo and actually it will work very well with my fall jackets. I’m wanting it finished soon, as like an old lady, last years car accident (one year tomorrow) has left me with typical whiplash aches and pains which are slow to heal and I love having a gorgeous woolly wrapped snugly around my neck to ward against the autumn chill! Wool has been my saviour (along with my Tuesdays Are For Knitting homies) this year while I recuperated. I have always understood the therapeutic aspect of wearing wool, I just never realized that working with wool in my hands would be so therapeutic to the mind, as well!

And just to add to the pee-in-your-pants kinda week it’s been, what should be in my inbox after lunch today from “frecklegirl” – my invite to Ravelry!!! I am so excited I can hardly contain myself!!! I want to stand up and scream and run around telling everyone (but they think I’m a little touched already with the wool thing, so you all will just have to do!!!).

All this and it’s only Wednesday – I have high hopes for the rest of the week!

Knit on………

No comments: