Monday 22 October 2007

Ease on down the road………

I am so far down the road, the stash wagon is but a distant memory! Stash reduction is only a myth, I tell you. An complete impossibility, not attainable - at least not by me!

Saturday was the Ottawa Needlework and Craft Show and we were not disappointed! We took a hands on needle felting demo (my what sharp needles you have, my dear!) and watched a great fashion show by the amazing Linda MacPhee, saw mounds and mounds of wonderful yarns and fabrics and fancies, amazing machines and tools (check out real true left-handed scissors, as my girlfriend did, and solve the mystery of why lefties have such trouble cutting straight lines even when using scissors with converted handles – it’s all about the blade, people!), and talent galore! It was wonderful to be surrounded by it all.

I really enjoyed the needle felting, as did DD1 who pronounced all that vigorous stabbing very therapeutic indeed! I didn’t ask too many questions about why that might be – I might not like the answers!! At any rate I think I will be able to do some needle felting to perk up a felted messenger bag that I made last year, but really haven’t used since it is rather plain and un-inspiring. But now my mind is whirling with possibilities and everywhere I see ideas and inspirations.

I retrospect was prudent in purchases (at least by my standards!), coming home with only some sock yarn for Sanna, my KTS4 pal, and beautiful vintage buttons, a few sewing patterns, some more Mirasol Hacho to finish a scarf to match my gloves, and Briggs and Little Regal in lovely colorway that I just couldn’t resist at $3.00 a skein!

And the Tuesday Are For Knitting crew has expanded with 2 new members, beginner knitters no less, who will make fine addicts by all indications I was told that one stayed up until 3:00am on a work-night working on her scarf because she was so enthralled! Excellent – just what we like to see – totally abandonment of all reason while clutched in the throes of knitting ecstasy! This one shows real promise!

That’s it for now. I have no picture for you, nothing is worthy yet!

Knit on……..

kate

No comments: