Friday 20 April 2007

Tuesday January 9, 2007

Hey - Nice to meet you!

My name is Kate and I’m a 40-something mother of 2 gourgeous grown daughters and married to the G-man, who does all the cooking (hey – lose the face - jealously does not become you, and if the wind blows on your face, it will stay like that – I’m surprised you mother didn’t tell you that!), and one very old neurotic cat who owes his happy kitty life to what we lovingly refer to as Kitty Prozac!

I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada – yup, that’s our nation’s capital – and surprisingly, at least a little to me, I really like living here. When we moved here 6 years ago from the GTA (that’s The Greater Toronto Area) I was prepared to tolerate the place, if only for the sake of good jobs, but I actually have come to like it so much that I’d have a hard time to move if asked to! Well ok – if you offer up a beach house in the DR I’ll be packed before you can finish the offer! But otherwise, it’s a great City to live in.

So this blog is going to be about me – duh, what else? ‘Cause in my mind, I don’t get enough chance to talk about the things I like to do (well ok – my friends and family are probably just really sick of hearing about me!), so now I have to start blogging and boring the rest of the world with my ramblings. My intention is to do a weekly entry about the things that I like to do during the week, like knitting (which I am becoming stupidly, stupidly obsessed with), crocheting, sewing and whatever else scratches my creative itch. But on occasion, and there will be many I’m sure, I’ll probably have something to say about things that smack me up side the head and demand my opinion (of which I have been told, I have many!) be heard.

It’s also going to be a place to capture some of the images I hope to be photographing with my new digital camera received just this Christmas! Yippee– no more sharing with the G-man! I have long wanted to show off a bit of the things I am learning to do, and this seems like just the place.

So there you go. Now you know about me. Time to move along - nothing more to see here. Check back next week.

ps. You'll have noticed this blog is is dated in the past - that's because I've been practicing off line for a while, just to see what it would be like to do this on a regular basis. And yup - I think I like it! So there will be a couple of back-dated entries to follow while I play catch up.

No comments: