Monday 21 February 2011

No February Blahs!

I think I just found a potentially awesome pattern http://knitty.com/ISSUEw11/PATTconstantine.php?printOption=printImages  for some Cascade that I am having over-dyed from dusty rose to something in the dark rusty brown family.

The actual color will be a bit of a surprise, since I have handed  the yarn over to my good friend and Sunday knitting pal, Yvieknits, who has become renowned amongst our knitting community for her technical expertise in dyeing yarns. She truly has an eye for color and I trust her completely in this and can't wait to see what she does with my impulse yarn purchase!

While I waited for the yarn to be processed (I am in no hurry since I have 2 jackets to knit, a sweater to seam, a cardi-wrap and a vest to finish first), I was starting to keep an eye out for a suitable jacket pattern for the weight of this yarn, and this popped up on Knitty.com! How wonderful is this, a cape and yet not quite a cape! I love it!

Knit on...

2 comments:

Susan said...

Cute! Love it and now I want it too, damn you. :)

knitjo said...

Wow! Where did that pattern come from?! It is beautiful!