Wednesday 16 February 2011

February! Where? When?

January slid by, and here it is mid-February already which has caught me completely by surprise! I have been so wrapped up in work, coughs and colds, and weekend jaunts to Quebec and Toronto, that I barely noticed the weeks slipping by on the calendar.

But in between all of that I have been knitting and seeing good progress. The Regia Hand-Dyed Effects socks are finished, and I love the way they turned out! And I was able to successfully make them very matchy-matchy which suits my Libra need for all things equal! You may recall the yarn was a lovely gift from Laurie and Lyse when I was still on crutches and unable to take the road trip to Janie H. Knits last fall, so that makes these socks that much more special!

And I am in the home stretch for the Ottawa Area Ravelers UFO-KAL. I had a few things on the UFO list - the Regia socks were one such project which I finished quickly both because I wanted to see how the yarn would turn out and because it would be incentive to move quickly onto the next UFO project. Then I picked back up the Olive Cardigan from Patons Falling For You pattern book and was pleased to see I was further along than I thought! So now all the pieces are complete and are blocking. All that remains is to sew the sides seams and add the collar and it will be done. I am aiming for total completion this weekend and hoping it fits as I have played with the sizing a bit, knitting up the larger size on smaller needles as I am somewhere in between the two sizes!

In between UFO's, I had some lovely Kroy sock yarn which was an impulse buy some time ago and so I pulled it from stash and whipped up another beret, which I am quite pleased with. I have 2 ½  balls left so I am mulling over gloves, cowl, light scarf or something to go with the beret. A little scarf seems to be winning out, since I could wear this set more into spring it is so lightweight. I am checking my books for a good candidate!

Next up after the Olive Cardigan for the YFO-KAL is to finish my Americo Cardi-Wrap. I definitely want it for spring, and have enough time to get it done, maybe even in time for the UFO-KAL deadline. Only a few inches of front section remain and the sleeves. No seaming required, so blocking will make this a speedy finish.

In other news, the leg continues to mend well, progress is slow but steady! The tibia is confirmed completely solid once again (my X-ray is very cool with all the hardware, at least to me!), and all that remains is to coax the tendons and muscles to ignore the hardware and move smoothly as I practice strutting my stuff! I still have a slight limp on cold days, but otherwise it is becoming much less obvious that I was ever injured, even when I wear heels! Purl has been fully repaired, sporting new handlebars and is ready for her spring ride as soon as the weather and roads permit.

And DD1 is marking her 3rd month of official remission and she is back to work part-time and feeling quite good over-all. We are all looking forward to celebrating her 1st year transplant-versary in mid-March! Hard to believe it's been a whole year - and what a year it was!

All for now. I'll be back soon. Knit on..

1 comment:

Susan said...

God I miss you. Hubby's leaving for the far-flung for 4 months next week... perhaps you and I can start a regular knit-night again?

I have a very lovely almost-FO that you will like to see. :) Just a couple more rows on the sleeves and some seaming and my CSNF cardigan will be done.

I took a bus-road-trip out to Aline's shop last week; it was really nice to spend some time with her. Her shop is lovely.
Miss you, love you, love to all your wonderful family.