Sunday 18 April 2010

Vroom Vroom!

Holy Mother of Pearl (Pewter Pearl, actually) - I've gone and done it!

I am now officially the proud owner of Pewter Pearl Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom motorcycle!!

This one actually:

I have to wait a bit to get my derriere in the seat (mostly because I still need to learn to ride it, and lessons don't start until next week - just a minor technicality!). I have a few modifications that are required as I am a bit too short to ride it as is. New curved handlebars, replacement back to whisper quiet stock pipes and removal of the unbelievably loud and illegal Python straight pipes (my ears still hurt!), engine or crash guards (depending on your point of view!), and a windshield will be added later this week. And saddlebags to follow, so I can carry my knitting, of course!

To say I am over the moon would be an understatement! I am delirious with happiness! I have just checked a big one off my bucket list!

Knit on!

1 comment:

Susan said...

*squee!* Congrats, Kate! It's beautiful and sexy and so very exciting! :)