Monday 12 April 2010

Spring Cleaning...

Midst all of the goings on in our house, I decided that there was one job I could do in the way of spring cleaning inside our house that could be done in small increments while DD1 was resting or napping (she is progressing beautifully, by the way, despite lots of fatigue, and is offically dis-charged as a hospital patient and now continues to be monitored only once a week! She is amazing!).

When DD1 moved home two years ago after being diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma, we hurriedly dis-mantled my craft room and packed up everything in clear bins and stored it on a large metal shelf in the corner of the master bedroom. It was the best we could do under the urgent circumstances at the time, and there it has been hulking in the corner ever since. Over time I grew frustrated with attempting to get at my yarn which involved asking for help from the G-man to lift and put back the bins and instead found myself far too often wandering my LYS's for yarn I knew I had at home, somewhere!

Since I was home for an extended period of time this spring, I decided that I would re-vamp the craft corner with IKEA bookcases that could easily be moved out to another room when the appropriate time came once again.

Behold - the before and the after:






















I am thrilled with my spring clean-up (I still have to tag the boxes for color content) and have continued right on into my sewing supplies and my not-yet-too-out-of-control bedroom closet.

Knit on.....

4 comments:

Jody said...

SPLENDID! Bravo! You and your stash are so impressive! I think that you are amazingly courageous and I keep you and your daughter in my prayers.

-sanna- said...

WOW!! That's one ... of a metamorphosis.

knitjo said...

beautiful...I too organized my stash in Umbra closet organizers that I found at HomeSense, I'll have to take pics...

Anonymous said...

looks lovely - so much nicer than plastic bins :-) I have done something similar. Glad to hear that your daughter is doing much better. All the best!