Tuesday 14 October 2008

Sock it to me, baby!



Finally a picture – I’m rapidly moving past last weeks sock impairment challenges, and have completed enough pairs for a good photo shoot.


I’ve been eager to eat up some stash sock yarn too, before that Susan and I head off to the Creativ Festival this coming weekend, because of course you know there will be some serious stash shopping taking place, and we’ll be making no apologies for it!!

So there they are all finished, even the toes are made up!


And I’ve already got another easy, peasy, ribbed sock on the go to knit on during the Kaffe Fassett lecture tonight, with some variegated Regia that I’m trying for the first time, something I hope one of the DD’s will like the feel of, so I can move them away from acrylic sock yarn.


As well the ripped out OnLine Clown sock for DD2 is back on the needles and well under way – I have memorized the lace pattern now (after the third sock, that’s not really a surprise!) and moving along easily too.


I realize I’ll have to take some knitting on the train, and had thought to take sock yarn as it is small and I can take two pairs for interest sake. I have a small lace shawl that is almost done I might take too. After all, it is a 5-hour train ride one way! I won’t worry about the return trip home, as I’m sure to have new things purchased at the festival to amuse me, even if it is only more sock yarn!!


And this, to show you too, a wonderful recent addition to my knitting library from my DD2 for my recent birthday!


Knit on......

No comments: