Friday 1 February 2008

Be careful what you wish for....

To all those who have just struggled home in the massive blizzard that is overtaking Eastern Ontario, I apologize. I know. I should not have tempted fate in that last entry, especially with my track record of late!

Yes, I wished for a snow day. But it wasn't supposed to include the part where your car flies all over the road like it's on crack and roller skates at the same time!!!

However, all is not lost. Another thing I wished for has come true too. Yes, effective noon today, thanks to the infinite wisdom of the higher ups at work who have sent all non-essential personal home for the balance of the day because of the aforementioned weather, I AM OFFICIALLY ON VACATION!!!!!

Yippee! Yahoo! Yeah me!! Next week, if you care to look, you will find me in a lounge chair here.
http://www.almondresorts.com/Resorts/AlmondMorgan/

Lovely isn't it - well at least I hope it will be as lovely as the pictures seem. Now if we could just have a little less of that snow I ordered - I have a plane to catch!!!

See you in 10 days! Knit on....

kate

p.s. Sanna - I've started this to take with me to knit while I'm waiting in the airports and on the beach! I'm so excited to be knitting lace with a chart - big steps for me! Really big steps!!

3 comments:

Joe said...

It looks super lovely, and the location too ^_^ Let me know how you enjoy it, my husband and I are looking into going on vacation next November as well - sounds about right the leave the 6 months old with grandma while we lounge for a week ;-P

Have a nice trip! (and safe flights! :P)

Joe
xx
(Joe82 on Ravelry)

-sanna- said...

I hope your holiday is wonderful, the place looks great! And I'm sure you do fine with your Revontuli-shawl.

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

Now that you're back...I'm looking forward to reading your blog. Hope your holiday was good...you did looked relaxed on Monday night...