Tuesday 15 June 2010

Steady as she goes....

DD1 is holding steady while we wait on an MRI - urgent ridiculous date. We expect a revised date, one much sooner, any minute now. She still can't walk more than 5meters without resting in on her walker seat, and so walkers and wheelchairs are part of our home decor, just for the time being, I hope...

In the mean time we have hired a dear friends daughter, who is a nurse on maternity leave waiting on their first baby, to spend 3 hours a day with DD1, and make lunch and drive to appointments, help DD1 in whatever way she can, understanding that bigbaby belly may pose the odd predicament! It is working out super well, and DD1 seems non-plussed about me no longer being there 24/7. A very good thing.

So Purl and I have been getting out and about, gaining more and more confidence with each ride. Last week I did my first on road run with Coach Peter (did I tell you that?), and this weekend was another 3 hour run with a nieghbor who sportingly accompanied me.

But this evening, I went solo! Yup - just me and Purl, hitting the road, out for an evening tour. Fabulous!  Not one stall tonight - quite a feat if you knew how much Purls throttle and I argue every ride! But not tonight. Tonight was leasurely, down winding roads with little or no traffic, just like in the movies. The perfect respite from my daily grind, just like it was suposed to be, just like all my biker friends said it would be. It was awesome!

Knit on....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love keeping up with your news this way! Purl sounds very theraputic for you - and fun at the same time! Rock on - or should I say Roar On!
Just bought myself a nice Debbie Bliss book last night - finding baby projects quick and easy. Might as well practice for the future!
Kate