Monday 30 March 2009


What can I show for another month having ticked on by?
Not a heck of a lot apparently!

But I did find my mum a terrific new young dog to keep her company - this is Jordie! Very cute, if I do say so myself!

In knitting news I have resurrected a shawl using the gorgeous Aerquipa from Wool-Tyme purchased last year (I am so ashamed it has taken that long!) that was lounging about unfinished, and am down to the last 2 repeats. I WILL finish it this week!

And a pair of socks is off the needles and waiting to be grafted and photo-ed, and a new pair is on in the needles -
Mary Maxim Bamboo

A bit splity this yarn is and way, way too slippery for my favorite Knitpicks Nickel Plated double points, so I am breaking my steadfast dislike of bamboo needles (too hot in my hands) and will transfer the stitches over on the next round.

I do like how the colorway is shaping up, though, and the 75% bamboo and 25% nylon has a lovely cool feel to the knitted fabric and I am looking forward to wearing these babies over the summer.

So, I guess I have done a wee bit after all!
Knit on.....





1 comment:

Susan said...

Good lord! You should warn me before you post! I almost fell off my chair! *grins and hugs*

I've been saving my Mary Maxim bamboo goodness for something special... I don't think yarn that slippery and pretty should be socks, but I'm not sure what it wants to be, yet. Am still cogitating.

So nice to hear from you... would be even nicer to *see* you.