Monday 18 August 2008

BSJ done – like dinner!

It is done and I am very pleased and the recipient seemed delighted to receive it this past Sunday!

Here it is:

The yarn is Vanna White worsted weight, in an acidic green (I have color corrected the photo as closely as I can to match the actual, but still it not quite right) and the contrast is a handsome teal – I was advised that the recipient preferred wash and wear, no hand washing, and so I did just that using 100% acrylic although I think EZ would roll over in her grave if she knew I didn’t use real wool! However, the Vanna White collection has a wonderful color range, and I had a hard time choosing, especially as we don’t know if the baby will be a boy or a girl. Still I think these colors will work for either.

I am starting to get my head around EZ’s way of dictating her patterns, but confess I still relied heavily on this spreadsheet from the boy who knits to keep my counts straight. The matching hat is a simple stockingette stitch round and round, with a contrasting rolled brim. Fairly unisex styling to go with the unisex BSJ.

I’m eyeing the mitred mittens in the Knitting Workshop as my next EZ project. And if you have not read EZ’s “digressions” in Knitting Around, I totally recommend doing so – it is an amazing glimpse into what must have been a truly fascinating and adventurous life of EZ.

Now it’s back to the last of the charity squares to get the knitting madness that surrounds my favourite family room chair, under control! Winter is fast approaching and these desperately need to be knitted up and gone, gone, gone off to the Inuit Community resource Center here in Ottawa!

Knit on….

1 comment:

-sanna- said...

This is SO cute! I'm sorry for commenting this late, but for some reason the google reader does not recognize your updates in real time.